Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Struggles Are Real. . .

           Well, it has been awhile since I have been on here to blog. I have missed it a lot! It has been a whole week! I want to start off by saying that I am down, 12 pounds, from where I started. It may not seem like a lot but 12 pounds in 3 weeks is not bad. I am trying really hard to stay on track. Which is what I really want to talk about here. For the last 3 weeks I have been doing really good. I haven't had any treats, like candy, soda, or my biggest weakness, MONSTER ENERGY. Which, I am really proud of myself for that. Here is where the struggle gets real. Last night, (8/5/2016) I went to see Suicide Squad. I told myself that I was not going to indulge in popcorn or candy. Well, when I got there and it was in front of me, I could help but eat it, it being both popcorn and candy. The fun does not stop there though. We went to T.G.I Friday, and I had 10 traditional wings. I felt completely like I let me self down. I told myself that I would do better tomorrow. So, tomorrow comes around, and we have a company picnic to attend. Well, I did really good with the food, only having pulled pork with honey mustard,and fruit. Well, then they bring out the ice cream truck, and of course I told my self that I was going to get something that I can have. So, they had these frozen Ice with a small amount of ice cream, so I decided to have that. I only had a single serving of the soft serve ice cream, so I figured that it was not to bad, but still not great. After, leaving I once again felt let down, and frustrated.


          Now, that I know that I feel that way after eating what I am not supposed to, it will give me that strength to keep myself from making those bad decisions. I truly still want this healthier life style, and I think that it really shows, because before, I would have just said SCREW IT all. I am more determined than ever to get to where I want to be!


          Backing
up a few days. On, Thursday we walked to the High School, and we were going to walk the track. I decided that I wanted to see how far I could run without stopping. I made it 1/4th of a mile. I haven't ran in almost 3 years, it was really hard but I did it. I felt great! After that I decided to run bleachers. I did 4 sets (up and down is one set). It is a start, and I am going to get back to being able to do bleachers and then run a mile.


     Please remember that, because times get hard and you slip up, doesn't mean that you give up, it means that you have to go at it the next day and remember why you are doing it. That's how I am going to go from Fluff To Buff.











1 comment:

  1. I'm really pround of your commitment to being healthy. It shows how bad you want it and not only are you doing it for you but you're carrying me through my struggles as well. Hadley and I are blessed to have you and I'm extremely grateful for the example you set for us.

    ReplyDelete