Monday, July 18, 2016

Keep Going. . .

                  Well, today was another day down. It is really hard to stay on track when your work provides free meals. Every day is something different, but the one thing I like is the fact that they have a salad bar everyday. I think that I would honestly not do as well, if it was only the food they cooked. The only thing I wish they had were more options for salad dressing. All they have is jalapeno ranch, ranch, and blue cheese. I think that I will start taking my own. Today, I had a cup of cottage cheese and a salad. I avoided the cooked food (lasagna with a layer of grease). NO THANKS!

                I also want to start taking my own snacks. The little store inside my work only sales junk food. Every time I go in there I get extremely tempted to buy cheezeits and energy drinks. I really try to stay out of there, except to refill my water bottle. So, I think if I go to buy snacks to keep at my desk, it would help me out a lot, also will help keep me on track. 

               I went grocery shopping and it makes me so mad that to eat healthy, it cost almost twice has much as other food. I can buy junk food and spend $50 and make it last for 2 to 3 weeks, but it costs $40 for half a week.  Its almost ridiculous, then we wonder why it is so hard to lose weight. No one can afford it. I would love to be able to shop at places like Whole Foods, but it is SO expensive. Also, it is expensive to be heavier, because for XL clothes they add on $3 to $5 dollars depending how big of shirt your need. I have just been so bothered by this, I have never really noticed it, until recently. I hope that I will be able to just keep going so that I don't have to worry about these things. 


                 So, I think that once a week I am going to do a recipe blog. I will share pictures as well, 
I really enjoy those types of blogs so, thought I would do my own. It's that time of night again, I will leave you with a quote....good night world!

3 comments:

  1. My go-to work snacks are hummus with celery (morning snack) and cottage cheese (afternoon snack). I have it every work day and still love it a year later. You can get the hummus in single serve packs. We have a candy drawer at my work and it's often been the cause of a really bad diet day. It does suck that bad carbs are cheaper than protein or vegetables. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. What kind of hummus do you buy? I never really had hummus, what is the best kind? It really is hard, it drives me crazy, especially when the crappy foods are advertised the most. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Sabra Hummus single packs. They have classic and red pepper flavor (I prefer the classic flavor). The single serves are 150 calories per container, 11g fat, 1.5g sat fat, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 1g sugar, and 4g protein.

    ReplyDelete