Friday, July 29, 2016

Final Day. . .

    Well, today was the final day of tracking my daily intake. I really enjoyed it because I knew it was keeping me accountable. Today was especially hard, because if there isn't one food that I love that my work makes it is PIZZA! Everyone kept telling me that I was crazy for not eating it, and kept telling me that I should allow myself 1 piece. I just kept thinking that that is what I have always done. I have allowed myself to "cheat" and the next thing I know I figure since I already screwed up, I might as well, keep going and that I can always start over. For me that does not work, because if I keep going back to the foods that I shouldn't eat, I feel like crap and just go right back to my old habits. Now, if I stick with what I am doing, where I avoid the temptations, and just eat the foods that I can have, I can keep going in the right direction.


    Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ granola
    Snack: Apple with Lime and chili powder
    Lunch: Salad w/ cottage cheese
    Snack: Quest Bar (Cookies and Cream) and a cheese stick
    Dinner: Grilled Chicken with a cucumber and tomato salad w/ balsamic
    Snack: Apple with Lime and Chili Powder


   So, yesterday we decided to go on a walk on the green belt, it is really pretty greenbelt, the path is covered in trees and runs by the river. I will have to take a picture to share. Anyways, you have to cross major roads along this path. We just crossed and I heard a car honking, and turned around and noticed that these two young boys were on their bike starting to cross, when the car stopped to let them pass, the car behind that one, decided not to wait and went around the stopped car and blew through the crosswalk, inches from hitting the kids on the bike, I was baffled by this person to not even stop. We, continued our walk, and when we got back to the same cross walk, we started to cross because there were no cars, coming. Well I looked to my right and noticed a truck that turned the corner and started to speed up. I thought for sure that he saw us and that he was going to stop, but he sped up like he was going to try to beat us to the cross walk, I jumped in front my girlfriend and the baby fearing that he was going to hit us and then at the last minute he just slams on his breaks and comes with in 4 feet of hitting us. I was freaking out, and I was yelling at him, and all he did was told me to keep going. I was seriously so mad, and freaked out because it all happened so fast. I thought for sure we were going to get hit. It was terrifying. Every time I shut my eyes all I can see is this truck coming at me. I don't like that at all! I would like to say that I want everyone to get out and be active, but please be safe, If you are driving, please pay attention. It is not worth killing someone.

   So, end of the night. It is Friday and I just want everyone to stay strong, so here is a quote for some motivation:


No comments:

Post a Comment